For Sale, found commonly in the northeastern regions of South America, is a brightly-colored that closely resembles the jenday conure and green-cheeked conure. Since it exists as a monomorphic species, the males and females share the same physical features.
How many clutches is safe for a conure to have in a year?
In the wild conure breeding season is in the spring/summer. However, domestic conures can lay eggs year-round. This also means that conures can lay multiple clutches in a breeding season, though this can have health impacts. Ideally you should allow your conure to lay 2-3 clutches.
Sun Conure Parrots Eggs
- Conures begin to go through their adolescent phase at around 12-18 months of age.
- This can come with a myriad of behavior changes as their hormones spike. Sun Conure Parrots Eggs
- Get ready for a moody teenager in bird form!
- A common misconception is that puberty is the same thing as sexual maturity.
- However, conures won’t reach full sexual maturity until they are 2 years old.
- Breeding a female too early can cause health problems and she may not be mature enough to want to sit on a clutch.
- Conures may begin to lay eggs anywhere from 1-2 years of age.
- This is a normal part of the growing up process.
- Even if your conure is laying eggs, it is advised not to breed conures until both are over 2 years old.
- The age that conures will stop laying eggs varies depending on the individual and how many clutches they have had.
- The average is 7-10 years old.
- At this point they will no longer be able to be bred.
- Your bird still has lots of life ahead of them though as conures usually live to be about 15-20 years old.